- Surgical Gynecology
- Family Planning
- Comprehensive Gynecological Services
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Comprehensive Obstetric Services
- Perinatal Services
- Bio- identical Hormone Replacement
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Advances in modern medicine now enable physicians to perform many surgeries using minimally invasive techniques. These procedures afford a faster recovery, with less pain and a return to normal activities more quickly. Many of these procedures can be performed safely and comfortably in the office setting.
HysteroscopyHysteroscopy is an office or hospital based procedure in which a small, slender telescope-like device is used to visualize the inside of the uterus. This procedure is commonly used to help identify and treat causes of irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding. In addition, this procedure can be used to perform sterilization, to help in the diagnosis of frequent miscarriages, and to locate or remove an intrauterine device.
Endometrial AblationThermachoice® endometrial ablation is a procedure that is commonly used to treat the lining of the uterus in women who have completed their childbearing, and are experiencing heavy menstrual bleeding. This procedure may be recommended when birth control pills or hormone therapy have been ineffective, or produced undesirable side effects.
This procedure is performed by your physician, and can be done in the office or outpatient hospital setting. During this procedure, a soft, flexible balloon is filled with sterile fluid and gently heated. The heat induces changes in the lining of the uterus. The majority of women who have undergone this procedure report a reduction, or even an end to their heavy menstrual bleeding.
Essure SterilizationEssure® is a procedure that provides permanent birth control and can be done in the office setting with local anesthesia. During this procedure, the physician places a soft, micro-insert (made of a silicone-free material that is used in heart stents) into each fallopian tube. Over the next three months, your body works with the insert to form a natural barrier against pregnancy. Approximately three months following the procedure, a confirmation test is performed to verify that the tubes are blocked.
Essure is a surgery-free permanent birth control procedure that works with your body to create a natural barrier to prevent pregnancy. The Essure procedure offers benefits that no other birth control can.
- Surgery-free—A quick procedure performed in your doctor’s office
- Hormone-free—A more natural birth control method with no hormonal side effects
- No slowing down to recover—Most women return to normal activities in less than a day
- Proven—Over 600,000 women and their doctors trust Essure as the most effective* permanent birth control method
- Worry-free—Because your doctor will confirm that your tubes are blocked, you don’t have to worry about unplanned pregnancy and the hassles of temporary birth control again
For More information please visit the Essure Website.